These are so easy to make and everyone LOVES them. My husband is sulking because she didn't make extra. :(
Chocolate Toffee Saltines
1 stick of butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
Saltines (about 24)
12 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1. In a 13 x 9 pan lined with foil - lay 1 layer of saltines along the bottom to fill the pan.
2. In microwave or in a sauce pan on the stove melt butter, vanilla, and sugar.
3. Pour melted butter mixture over saltines and spread evenly.
4. Bake at 350 for 8 min.
5. Melt chocolate chips in microwave - about 1 min mix and spread evenly over saltines. If you want walnuts sprinkle them over the chocolate.
6. Put in freezer or refrigerate until they the chocolate is hardened.
7. Peel off foil and break into pieces
8. Just try not to taste one....lol...IMPOSSIBLE!!!
9. Lick the bowl!!